Full Time Home Health Visit PTGeneral Purpose:Physical therapy services are provided for the purpose of treating impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status. The treatment and intervention provided is in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted professional standards of physical therapy practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
* Assist the physician or other licensed practitioner in evaluating the level of patient function and performance and equipment needs as well as in developing the resulting plan of care/treatment including appropriate long and short term treatment goals, selection of interventions, and the intensity, frequency and duration of services to meet the needs of an individual patient.
* Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at appropriate time points as assigned.
* Provide interventions and therapeutic treatment in accordance with the physician certified plan of care and physical therapy professional standards of practice.
* Regularly assess changes in the patient’s status since the last visit/treatment day, and determine whether the planned services should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining revision orders from the physician as indicated.
* Advise and consult with the family and/or other caregivers to promote the patient progress toward mutually agreed upon goals and planning for discharge.
* Participates in educating the patient and the family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals.
* Actively communicate with other members of the interdisciplinary or multidisciplinary healthcare team providing care to the patient to promote coordination of care.
* Prepare and submit legible, relevant and sufficient documentation - whether written or electronic - of treatment and skilled intervention provided, as well as report of a patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
* Participates in quality and performance improvement measures* Participate in in-services or training, as requested.
* Able to perform CPR, per organization-specific policy.
* Supervise professional and paraprofessional staff, as assigned, including physical therapist assistants.
* Read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient and use of equipment in providing such care.
* Visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
* Perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient need and scheduling.
* Provide proof of valid driver's license, per organization-specific policy.
* Provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if an assignment(s) includes driving own vehicle to transport a patient, per organization-specific policy.
* Travel within geographic area serviced by the home care or hospice. * Complete other assignments as requested and assigned.
* Meet the health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
* Access, use and disclose personal health information (PHI) as necessary to fulfill patient care duties and responsibilities and as defined by each organization.Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:* Current licensure or certification as a physical therapist in the state(s) in which he or she will practice, unless licensure or certification does not exist.
* A graduate of an accredited physical therapy education program or equivalent as recognized by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
* In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a physical therapist that is relevant to the patient population assigned.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:* Meets applicable state and federal health screening requirements.
* Pass federal and state required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
* Verification of employment eligibility (I-9) in accordance with local, state, and federal law and regulations.For Organizations That Must Meet the Medicare Conditions of Participation: Additional education requirements apply as per Addendum A of this job description. A physical therapist must meet 1 of 5 options for qualification to provide services paid for under the Medicare home health, hospice or outpatient therapy benefits.Working Conditions & Physical Effort: * Work is normally performed in a residence, aggregate living facility, school or occupational setting.
* Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
* Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Ability to visually and auditorialy observe and assess the patient.
* Ability to work flexible schedule and/or evening hours, as needed.
* Heavy physical activity that may require lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching, bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching and climbing stairs.Full Benefit Package for Full Time Employees after 90 Days
Location/Region: Morristown, TN (37814)