Job DescriptionFull Time Position - Dandridge, TNNight Shift* Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
* Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
* Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
* Recognizes and reports changes in the patient’s condition to the RN supervisor.
* Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
* Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing patient’s progress.
* Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
* Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
* Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
* Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
* Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
* Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
* Accesses protected health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.Job Requirements* Graduate of a practical nursing program for LPN and has a current license as a LPN in the state(s) in which he/she practices, or * Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she practices.
* Pass state and payer required criminal and abuse background checks where required.
* Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR certification for adults, children and infants.
* Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
* Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
* Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
* Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
* Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
* Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
* Work is normally performed in patient’s home, schools, or occupational settings.
* Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
* Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
* Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer patients. * Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers or palm, e.g., manipulate pen, syringes, vials, knobs or objects.
* Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.Benefits* Locally Owned and Operated* Free Education Courses* Competitive Salary and Benefits* Paid Time Off* 401K* Health Coverage* Dental Coverage* Paid Holidays* Company paid Life Insurance for all Full Time Employees* Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Aflac, Teledoc and 401K
Location/Region: Dandridge, TN (37725)