Do you have what it takes to join the best private duty home care organization in Hawaii?
We are hiring reliable, positive, conscientious, compassionate and capable professionals to join us in our commitment to providing the best possible care to clients in their own homes.
We consistently strive together to provide the best possible experience for our clients.
We aim to ease burdens and bring joy to our clients and their families through our safety- and quality-minded, but heart-driven care.
If your calling is caring for others, come work for BrightStar Care of Honolulu, a Joint Commission Accredited, independently owned and operated, kama'aina owned company with the support of a prestigious national organization, looking to add inspired team members that share core values such as positivity and serving with a passion.
The Home Care Companion Homemaker will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care. The Home Care Companion Homemaker is a member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various companion care and homemaker services as necessary to meet the client’s needs.
The Home Care Companion Homemaker will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
* Dedication to the Hoku'alohi Promise "We promise to provide the kind of care we would want for our own loved ones; to be compassionate, empathic, patient & kind, while providing reliable, trustworthy and top-notch, professional home care.
* Weekly pay * Free Direct Deposit
* Mobile Service & Banking Discounts
* Extensive free continuing education & development opportunities
* Paid Time Off (for eligible employees)
* Paid Volunteer Time (for eligible employees)
* 100% Employer Paid Medical, Prescription, Vision & Dental Insurance - including chiropractic, acupuncture & massage (for eligible employees)
* Employee Assistance Program (for eligible employees)
* Company-sponsored wellness events * Health & wellness discounts (for eligible employees)
* Employer-Paid BLS Training/Certification
* 24/7 Access to Local Support * Electronic Documentation & Mobile/GPS based time & attendance
* Employee Recognition & Fun Events
* Culture of respect and gratitude * One to one patient care - opportunity to do your best work and truly shine!
* Commitment to providing the best possible, high quality care
* Commitment to helping you succeed! * Joint Commission Accredited Organization
Responsibilities * Provide the kind of care you would want for your own loved ones; be compassionate, empathetic, patient, and kind, while providing reliable, trustworthy, and top-notch professional home care.
* Provide client care as indicated by the Plan of Care, developed by the client and the Director of Nursing or nurse supervisor.
* Direct Care Responsibilities:* Ensure the clients' safety
* Engage with clients, providing kind, person-centered companionship (conversation, playing games or crafts, other activities) Make their day GREAT!
* Remind clients when it is time to take medications
* Perform light housekeeping * Perform meal preparation and clean up
* Change bed linens and make up the client’s bed
* Maintain an orderly client environment
* Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions
* Report any change to the Director of Nursing or nursing supervisor; Document observed changes
* Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
* Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
* Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
* Participates in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
* Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
* Ensure client’s rights are adhered to.
These include but are not limited to:* the right to privacy and dignity while care is being provided
* the right to accept or refuse care * the right to confidentiality of their information
* Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
* Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.
Requirements * A passion for caring for others and pride in your work
* Minimum of one (1) year of documented caregiving experience required
* Certified in CPR * Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
* Must pass background check and drug test
* Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements preferred
* Must have a working "smart phone" and service, which will be used for time and attendance and care notes
* Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
* Empathy for the needs of the client * Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
* Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents appositive public image.
* Recognizes the importance of their role as a part of the organizational team, and is committed to team excellence.
* Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information and maintains HIPAA compliance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Honolulu, HI (96817)