This is a unique dual role for someone that is interested in working as an MDS and Admissions Nurse.
We are looking for someone that has experience in at least one of these roles and willing to be trained in the other.
Hours and scheduling is flexible - part time or full time.
Essential Job Functions
* Oversees and coordinates the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with state and federal regulations, including implementation of the RAPS and Triggers.
* Assists in development of a comprehensive resident assessment and plan of care for each resident.
* Disseminates any new or updated materials involving the RAI process.
* Facilitates the involvement of the appropriate health professionals needed to improve or maintain the resident's functional abilities at the highest practicable level.
* Facilitates an opportunity for resident and family involvement in the care planning process.
* Participates in the admission assessment process for all residents and assists in setting the A3a date.
* Ensure the validity and accuracy of the MDS before electronic submission.
* Participates in and oversees the timely electronic submission of the MDS.
* Reviews the validation reports and ensure that the appropriate action is taken if necessary.
* Participates in facility committees and meetings as required or requested by the DON or Administrator.
(QA/QI, Restraint Committee, Falls committee, resident care conferences, etc.)
* Conducts a review of a random sample of 2% of MDSs to ensure accuracy and consistency with the medical record.
* Ensure that all new nursing staff on the unit are oriented to and knowledgeable of the RAI process.
* Monitors residents on the unit for significant changes in condition.
* Attends ongoing educational updates on the RAI process and PPS, and shares this information with all staff who assist with the completion of the MDS and RAPs
* Communicates regularly with Medical Records, the Business Office, and the Administrator regarding case mix and RUGs scores and how they impact reimbursement.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or without the aid of Mechanical Devices):
* A current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice.
* Minimum of three years of clinical experience, and minimum of two years experience in long term care.
* Demonstrates proficiency in clinical assessment skills
* Working knowledge of computer technology
* Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines for long term care
* Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
* Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures necessary for the provision of quality care.
* Capable of researching new methods and principles for incorporation into existing nursing practices.
* Proven written and oral communication skills
* Able to relate positively, favorably and cooperatively with staff, residents, family members, physicians, and persons of outside agencies and organizations.
* Capable of regular attendance, and demonstrates professional work habits.
* Must meet all local health regulations, including background checks and reference inquires.
* Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Reports to Director of Nursing
Location/Region: Seattle, WA (98144)