Capitol Buick GMC, proud member of the Del Grande Dealer Group, is currently seeking a General Sales Manager.
Capitol Buick GMC is a proud member of The Del Grande Dealer Group (DGDG.COM) - the Bay Area’s Largest Family-Owned Automotive Group.
We are one of the top volume Buick GMC dealers in Northern California and have been recognized by General Motors as a “Mark of Excellence” recipient.
If you would like an exciting opportunity to work for an award-winning team in a state-of-the-art facility, please apply today.
We’d be happy to help you advance your career.
Mobility has transformed the way cars are shopped, sold and serviced.
The Del Grande Dealer Group (DGDG.COM) is at the forefront of the new automotive world.
Whether it is Electric Vehicles, Hybrids or traditional vehicles, we are an industry leader in automotive retail.
We combine our tech-savvy team with award-winning technology platforms to provide a world-class guest experience.
To make our vision real, we look for service professionals who think differently and strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction – utilizing the latest technologies to find the perfect solutions for our guests.
As a General Sales Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the profitability of the dealership by managing variable operations.
What we offer: * Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401K * Flexible Spending Accounts* Health Care
* Dependent Care * Commuter
* Voluntary Aflac Cash Benefit Programs
* Employee Assistance Program * DGDG Wellness Committee
* Fun Healthy Living Contests * Sales and Service Contests
* State Disability Insurance Programs* Disability Insurance
* Paid Family Leave * Dedicated in-house training organization
* Employee Referral Bonus * Career Paths for all positions/Opportunity for growth and advancement
* Employee Vehicle Purchase Program * Employee Service Discount
Responsibilities * Coach sales team on proper closing techniques through training and active participation
* Lead profitability of your teams * Lead all showroom activities and maintain an experienced level of product knowledge
* Ensure high Customer Satisfaction scores and analyze these metrics to isolate areas for improvement
* Hire, motivate and monitor the performance of the New and Used team, Internet Sales, Finance Managers and Service Drive sales
* Conduct daily and weekly sales training meetings for Product Specialists
* Mentor new and experienced sales reps on standard methodologies for improving performance
* Ensure proper follow up of all prospective buyers by developing, implementing and monitoring a CRM system
* Achieve forecasted goals and objectives for dealership and OEM sales, gross and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis
Qualifications * Minimum 2 years of GSM experience with responsibility for the entire variable operation of a successful dealership
* Possess successful history of building and training a sales team, strong CSI scores and above average gross and net departmental profits
* Strong background in building showroom and internet traffic, SEO and SEM, direct mail and other traditional media
* Extensive background in leading a BDC department
* Some experience in Used Vehicle purchasing, merchandising and marketing
* Expertise in supervising the everyday efforts of desk managers and improving F&I income through mentorship and training
More about DGDG “Be happy” is more than a marketing slogan.
It’s our way of doing business. We focus on people, technology and a unique culture to fuel our success.
The DGDG Way is to utilize our core values of integrity and caring to create an exceptional automotive experience.
We have a dynamic management and training team to ensure that each employee has the necessary tools to be successful and the career path to grow.
The Del Grande Dealer Group is the largest family-owned dealer group in the Bay Area with 13 locations, 16 brands, and over 800 team members – and we proudly celebrate 9 consecutive years as a Bay Area News Group Top Workplace.
We’re committed to our team member’s success – and to the future of mobility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: San Jose, CA (95136)