Working for Vermeer Midwest isn’t just a job; it’s a career at a family-owned company that cares about you.
In your first 18 months of employment, you can expect mentoring and to receive structured, hands-on training.
Our technicians receive a competitive hourly wage and are offered an exceptional benefits package.
We re-invest in our branches, so you will be working out of a nice, newer service truck equipped with everything you need to do your job right.
In addition, we want you to balance your career with your personal life, so we are accommodating to what life may throw at you.
Our culture is the built on the belief that every team member has a real, personal impact – on our people, our customers, and our world.
You won’t find a better place to continue your career than at Vermeer Midwest.
Required Skills The following skills are necessary with regards to heavy equipment:
* Diagnose mechanical problems to perform repairs and maintenance
* Mechanical design and fabrication * Diagnose and repair of electrical systems, including computerized induction/ignition systems
* Use of power hand tools, and diagnostic equipment
* Acetylene and electric arc welding * Operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes
* Accurate preparation of maintenance of records and reports
* Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturer’s service specifications
* Safely perform the duties of the job using sound judgment and decision making ability
* Possess and maintain a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
* Conduct DOT inspections on trucks and trailers
* Diagnose problems and make repairs in the field on a 24- hour basis
* Work extended hours outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
* Lift various objects weighing up to 50 lbs
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members and customers
* Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Use a computer efficiently for diagnostics, parts lookup, schematics, and work order maintenance
* At least two (2) years of experience and/or training in heavy equipment repair and maintenance, or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of the position.
* You must be able to furnish a satisfactory supply of tools to complete both routine repairs and diagnostic testing.
Location/Region: Chesterfield, MO (63005)