The UI/UX Designer is an emerging leader creating innovative products for our business and consumers. Experienced with user interface design that delivers innovative solutions for all platforms and channels. The lead guides the team through the UX lifecycle (discovery, user research, iterative design, and testing) and conceptualizes, defines, and creates innovative and cohesive solutions that marry customer needs and business goals in scalable, strategic ways. Also, a has a keen understanding of information design leveraging design programs, Sketch, Photoshop, and Invision and other tools to bring ideas and proofs of concept to life.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Leverage your talent for UX and Strategic Design Thinking to create holistic, experiences that solve for user needs and business goals
- Develops next-generation web and mobile products using design programs and other tools qualitative study tools.
- Design user interface (UI) templates for Wordpress and our Java-based content management system.
- Imagines new innovative products that emphasis usability and best practices
- Provides ongoing usability enhancements to product interfaces code when bugs or errors are encountered.
- Stay at the tech edge of industry standards, trends in order to recommend improvements to the development team.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience with interactive technologies and production environments.
- 3 years’ experience in web design, UI design or a related field.
- Experience with UI design using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Keen understanding of Information architecture, UX design, UI principles, and rapid prototyping.
- Professional experience collaborating in a team environment on large-scale web site development projects a plus
- Position requires working nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment and be able to interact effectively with other team members, management and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be willing to learn and master new technologies as they arise.
- Ability to work a flexible and varied schedule to include weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed to support business needs.
- Close visual acuity required to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Requires continuous use of computer navigation and typing.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Location/Region: Melville, NY (11747)