Essential Duties & Functions
- Works with editors and the newsroom to build interactive databases and news projects.
- Works closely with HTML/CSS designers and with rest of development team to build web and mobile products that emphasize usability and best practices
- Provides ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of the interface code when bugs or errors are encountered.
- Stay abreast of industry issues, trends and inventory solutions and recommend improvements to the development team.
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience with Internet technologies and production environments.
- 4 years’ experience in web design or front-end web development.
- High level of proficiency in HTML5, Object-oriented JS (>=ES6), Object-oriented PHP (>=7.1) and CSS3. Experience with Git/GitHub
- Understanding of site structure, navigation, UI principles, wireframes and user flow.
- Professional experience collaborating in a team environment on large-scale web site development projects.
- Position requires working nights and weekend as needed.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment and be able to interact effectively with other team members, management and clients.
- Must be willing to learn and master new technologies as they arise.
- Must be a self-starter and able to think critically and problem solve
- Close visual acuity required to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- This position requires engaging regular conversations with others and facilitate presentations and meetings.
- Requires continuous use of computer navigation and typing.
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
Location/Region: Melville, NY (11747)