ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE OF THE COURTS
(This position is exempt from the State of Delaware Merit Rules)
Posting # AOC1106S19
Opening Date: November 19, 2019 Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $34,484 - $43,105 per year (Minimum - Midpoint) Pay Grade 11*
Recruiting For: Sussex County Law Library
A Vacancy Exists
Location: Sussex County (Please check this county on your application)
*Salary applicable for this position is based upon the qualifications of the individual applicant.
Summary Statement: This employee manages the operation of the Sussex County Law Library located in Georgetown and provides general legal research at the direction of a judge. This employee reports to the Senior Law Librarian and is responsible for implementing library policies and procedures; ordering and updating library materials; and supervising the use, maintenance, and security of the library facility. This employee will be responsible for the oversight and management of the library materials and informing members of the public and legal community of library policies and procedures. In addition, duties will include assisting the Chancellor and the Resident Judge in general legal research and procurement of legal resource materials for special research projects. The candidate must be committed to the mission of Self-Help centers for litigants who are involved in the Justice system without the help of a lawyer. Other aspects of this role include:
• Providing assistance as required to members of the public, including Pro Se litigants.
• Assisting the Senior Law Librarian to develop programming and identifying materials to be offered in the Law Library and Self-Help Center.
• Occasional travel to Kent County to coordinate with the Kent County Law Librarian as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Please address each item separately on the Minimum Qualifications page of the application. Resumes may not be substituted for the application. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Applicants must meet each of the following qualifications. Failure in any one area will result in a rating of “not qualified.”
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science, English, Education, Paralegal Studies, Computer Science or related field.
2. Experience performing legal research and applying legal terminology.
3. Knowledge of the professional use of a legal research collection.
4. Knowledge of the basic principles of administrative and technical library management.
5. Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting practices.
6. Knowledge of computer information systems including automated legal research systems.
7. Ability to communicate courteously and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Conditions of Employment:
• A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
• Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment.
Benefits: To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit the website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/agencies/index.shtml/.
Submitting Your Application: Visit the website at http://courts.delaware.gov/career/ and click on “apply” next to the job posting. Then print, or complete and print, the Judicial Branch Non- Merit Employment Application in either Microsoft© Word or PDF format. Applications should be submitted by any one of the formats listed below prior to the closing date stated on this announcement.
1. Send your application as an e-mail attachment with the words “Application Form” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
2. Fax your application to: (302) 255-2482, Attention: Human Resources
3. Mail your application to:
Administrative Office of the Courts
The Renaissance Centre
405 N. King Street, Suite 507
Wilmington, DE 19801-3700
Attachments to Applications:
• Please do not submit copies of evaluations, letters of reference, training certificates, or college transcripts unless requested.
• If supplemental information is requested by the posting, be sure to include it when you submit your application prior to the closing date.
• Applications or additional information will not be accepted after the closing date.
• Resumes will not be accepted unless accompanied by the application.
• Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
• TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The Delaware Judiciary
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Location/Region: Wilmington, DE (19801)