Following Kellen Best Practices, the Account Executive manages the day-to-day operations of one or more association clients, serving as Executive Director or Association Manager to oversee strategy, operations, and initiatives related to Board facilitation, membership, communications, conferences and meetings, and financial oversight.
Board Management and Strategy
- Provides leadership to and interacts with the Board of Directors and committees, attends meetings and prepares agendas and minutes as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Board President and/or outside consultant, facilitates strategic planning and oversees execution of plan, regularly communicating progress to Board.
- Aids Board President in identifying Officers, committee chairs, and other leaders and representatives with skills and experience that aligned with the current and future needs of the organization and assists with on-boarding.
- Continuously identifies and communicates to Board specific opportunities for organization to expand its influence and/or market.
Member Programs and Services
- Implements programs and campaigns to attract new members and/or subscribers.
- Identifies and develops new programs and benefits to meet the evolving needs of members.
- Oversees development of membership standards.
- Creates and maintains partnerships/relationships with related industry organizations to increase awareness and grow membership.
Conference and Meeting Management
- In collaboration with Board and Meetings Manager, develops strategy for frequency, location and type of meeting and conferences events to optimize and support the organization’s programmatic, services, and product offerings.
- Supporting Meetings Manager and conference planning committees, develops detailed project plan, and oversees its implementation through team of event coordinators, marketing, speakers, professional technical support vendors, and local officials. Establishes contingency plans for all aspects of possible failure.
- Plans and controls event budgets.
Fundraising, Marketing and Outreach
- Oversees development and distribution of association publications, including advertising sales.
- Oversees association partnerships and coordinates relevant marketing deliverables.
- Supports grant-writing and solicitation efforts of the association, as needed.
- Works in conjunction with association Controller to prepare annual budget in alignment with strategy and goals of the association.
- Advises Board of unexpected, impactful deviations and recommends adjustments and cost containment strategies.
- Monitors compliance with association contracts and negotiates renewals.
- Approves monthly expenses.