Assistant Professor of Game and Interactive
About Arkansas Tech:
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported
comprehensive institution, maintaining regional accreditation from
the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a
Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It
is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to
12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic
Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is
just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a
charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including
beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100
undergraduate degree programs and more than 25 graduate degree
programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas
Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for
life-long learning to a diverse community. For more
information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding
community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our
“Live Here” informational resources.
Arkansas Tech University invites applications for an assistant
professor in Game and Interactive Media Design; this is a
nine-month, tenure-track position that includes teaching, research,
and service-based duties. The anticipated start date is August 10,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, teach, and assess undergraduate (and graduate when
appropriate) courses in Game and Interactive Media.
- Engage students in high-impact learning practices.
- Effectively advise/mentor students at the undergraduate
- Develop a sustainable scholarship program including seeking
external funds to support the program.
- Provide impactful departmental, college, university, and
professional service to the university, community and state.
- Demonstrating a commitment to excellent teaching,
- Participation in departmental and university-wide
- Student advising, assessment, recruitment, and retention.
- Maintaining computer labs and equipment
- Applicants must have earned a terminal degree in Game Design,
New Media, Multimedia, Fine Art, or a related field and demonstrate
a strong record of professional or artistic activity and
- Proficient in modern programming or scripting languages for
development on multiple platforms, such as web, mobile, or
- Experience and skills related to aesthetic design for
- Experience in game development, modeling, and texturing
characters using ZBrush, Mudbox, Autodesk Maya, and Photoshop (or
equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of form, silhouette, color
- Solid texturing and painting skills.
- Demonstrate evidence of being a theorist and practitioner
- Evidence of or potential for fostering an inclusive environment
for diverse populations.
The university requires that all applicants apply online at
In addition to the online application, applicants must also submit
the following: (1) a letter of application indicating
qualifications for the position; (2) a curriculum vitae; and (3)
the contact information for 3-5 professional references; 4) a
teaching philosophy 5) and a link to a portfolio/ related work and
examples of student work, 6) an unofficial copy of
To be considered for the Assistant Professor of Game and
Interactive Media position, all applications must be received and
processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone, prior
to the closing date on January 31, 2020, before 6:00 pm central
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background
check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone
shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship
to the requirements of the position. Background check information
will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner
consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to
attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Location/Region: Russellville, AR (72801)