Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Full Time or Part Time Shifts
WCS is a 4 Star nonprofit skilled nursing facility located in the historic Mount Baker neighborhood.
We have 165 residents requiring 24-hour licensed medical, respite, wound, and memory, cardiac and rehabilitative care.
* Assessing WCS residents health related problems and needs; educating residents on their health condition and recovery; developing and implementing patient care plans; helping in rehabilitation, and providing emotional support to residents' families as well as collaborating with multidisciplinary team members.
* Identify resident care requirements by establishing personal rapport with residents and families
* Utilizes the nursing process to deliver effective, outcome focused nursing care that promotes residents’ independence by establishing care goals; teaches residents and families to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills.
* Provides input to the discharge planning process based on identified resident needs.
* Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measures health outcomes against patient care goals/plan; makes recommendations regarding necessary adjustments.
* Monitor documentation and follow-up on physician orders to assure accuracy and timely completion.
* Supervises NACs, set goals for performance improvement, and monitors performance to ensure compliance with state, federal and facility standards.
* Ensures proper operation of equipment; evaluates new equipment and techniques.
* Monitor WCS Nursing Department environment to assure compliance with facility and state guidelines for safe, comfortable, homelike environment.
* Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem- solving methods.
Do you want to work in a fun atmosphere where you are respected and valued?
Do you want to work for a company where co-workers are like family?
Ultimately it all comes down to teamwork, camaraderie, and fun!
Position available: NOC/NIGHT
Requirements, education, and licenses:
* Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing as Registered Nurse/RN or Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program as a Registered Nurse/RN and/or LPN
* Current active and unrestricted WA state license to practice as a LPN or Registered Nurse/RN
* Prior Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) experience preferred, but not required.
* Must be able to float to all units as needed.
WCS offers a 401K retirement plan with a generous employer match; numerous employee discount programs; discounted on site Chef prepared meals; excellent medical benefits and continuing educational opportunities.
Are you ready to make a visible difference in the lives of our patients and our community?
WCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Background check will be required.
Please apply in person
at 2821 S. Walden St, Seattle, WA 98144, or call Marla Smith, Staffing Coordinator at (206) 577-6223.
Location/Region: Seattle, WA (98144)