About the Company
Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King and CASE Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast operating in a dealership business model.
Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used sales, parts, service and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance.
Sonsray, Inc. features state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Machinery division is seeking to hire an Inventory Control Analyst based out of our corporate office in Torrance, CA. Position reports to the Parts Director.
The Inventory Control Analyst will assist the Parts Director with physical inventory levels, backorder expediting, returns, obsolescence levels and reporting for 22 combined CASE/Thermo King dealerships in CA, NV, WA, and OR.
* Manage CASE/Thermo King inventory for 22 locations
* Manage regular stock orders (daily) for CASE and (weekly/bi-weekly) for Thermo King.
* Manage inventory reconciliation exceptions and financial impact by working closely with operations, suppliers and parts director to come to a resolution
* Compile and present reconciliation findings through comprehensive reporting
* Identify trends and present solutions to reduce inventory variances
* Generate, review, and submit monthly and semi-annual returns
* Obsolete inventory reduction via regular returns, eBay, machinery trader, craigslist, etc.
* New inventory analysis and forecasting for all lines, working with local parts managers
* Generate and place group orders to maximize discounts and buying power.
* Track and expedite backorders, communicating progress with parts director and store
* Maintain inventory reports for all stores, assigning tasks as necessary to correct* Weekly: no bin, negative on hand
* Monthly: unused bin * Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by manager.
Required Skills and Aptitudes:
* Bachelor’s Degree required in finances, accounting, or a related education field is preferred
* Willing to mentor and train a recent graduate that is highly skilled in mathematics
* 2+ years’ experience in Inventory Management and/or Accounting would be ideal
* Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to transform findings into action plans and solutions
* Skilled at synthesizing large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to quickly re-prioritize while still meeting deadlines
* Ability to influence and effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business involved with inventory planning
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
* Self-motivated and self-managed; able to think independently
* Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills (PivotTables & Vlookup)
* Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* CDK software experience is a plus * Able to travel up to 10% (CA, NV, WA, & OR)Benefits:
Benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision plan, life Insurance, 401K matching and paid vacation, sick, and holiday.
Location/Region: Torrance, CA (90505)