SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Assist the Facilities Manager(s) in all aspects of project implementation as needed
- Create and take part in meetings and presentations with executive leadership
- Provide campus wide reporting on departmental spend, ticketing, and other metrics as requested
- Maintain contracts for facilities services such as elevators, cranes, waste and recycling, pest control, landscaping, and other repair services to name a few
- Obtain multiple bids from competing contractors by creating scopes of work
- Perform job walk-downs with vendors, engineers, supervisors, and managers
- Work with the purchasing department to ensure vendors are approved, vetted and insured
- Assist with badging, ITAR and NDA requirements, and safety training
- Create RFPO’s and assists the buyers with vendor selection
- Ensure purchase orders are accurate with no cost over runs
- Coordination to meet with the SpaceX end user and establish the scope of work
- 5+ years of facility vendor and contract management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with facilities within an aerospace industry
- Familiar with space planning procedures and operations
- Knowledge of computer applications and the ability to easily navigate through different computer software programs
- Ability to create and update RFPO’s and facilities work orders in an ERP software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers
- Logical and strategic approach to solving problems
- Ability to read and understand basic floor plans
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic directions
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and non-standard work-week hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Hawthorne, CA