Home Care Agency headquartered on Long Island is searching for an experienced Billing/Collections Specialist to join our rapidly growing organization.
The Specialist must have a minimum three years of experience in healthcare billing and collections in a high-volume environment.
Description: We are looking for an individual who can multi-task, is self-motivated and able to meet daily and weekly deadlines.
Position requires basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to analyze data effectively, define issues and resolve them quickly in a proactive fashion.
* Accurately process and bill Medicaid and/or commercial insurance claims in accordance with payer requirements and organization policy.
* Maintain accurate billing analysis reports.
* Investigate unpaid claims, resolve open issues and resubmit to payers.
* Monitor accounts receivable status and alert the revenue cycle manager as to overdue accounts.Qualifications:
* Experience with healthcare industry billing software required.
Experience with HHA Exchange platform preferred.
* Experience in a high-volume healthcare environment.
* Proficient in the use of ePACES and eXchange.
* Proficient in the use of commercial insurance billing and payment portals.
* Able to independently research and resolve billing issues.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Location/Region: Brentwood, NY (11717)