About this position The Driver will assist our home care clients with transportation to and from appointments and on errands. Some clients are mobile and need minimal assistance, where others may need assistance with walking and transferring into and out of the car. In addition to assisting with transportation the Driver may also assist clients with activities of daily living or fill in for caregivers, as needed. The Driver should have at least one year of professional caregiving (or relevant) experience, have a clean driving record and reliable transportation. The Driver will assist Firefly Home Care clients in Elkhart county and surrounding areas.
Generally shifts will be during the day and this could be a part-time or full-time position. Who you are You take pride in your profession, and rightfully so, because you’re doing one of the greatest jobs – helping others live better lives in the comfort of home.
You are a caring professional who is competent, dependable, and has heart.
You never give up because you know others depend on you to help them with things they can no longer do on their own, and you’re there for them when nobody else is.
Your job may be tough at times, you may work long hours, drive across town, take on new clients and pick up extra shifts, but you can rest easily knowing you did your best and made a difference in the lives of others.
You’re a caring professional because you have hands-on experience or formal training to competently help people with activities of daily living (ADL), help manage their household, and spot changes in their health that need addressed.
You’re a caring professional, and what you do matters. Things you’ll enjoy as a Firefly Caregiver include:* Benefits including paid vacation, company-match retirement savings, company-paid telemedicine and access to affordable healthcare plans, tuition reimbursement and career-advancement opportunities
* Paid orientation and training and a personal mentor, who is an experienced Firefly Caregiver, to ensure you're competent and comfortable
* A kind and supportive staff * A flexible working schedule (full time, part time or as needed/PRN)
* Opportunities to get involved in outreach events to share your experience with others who may need some encouragement in a difficult time
Job responsibilities include:* Assisting clients with transportation to and from appointments and on errands
* Companionship, light housekeeping and/or meal preparation services
* Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL)
* Assistance with instrumental activities of daily living (IADL)
* Medication reminders * Driving to clients to provide in-home care
Requirements include:* Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
* Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation
* Experience as a caregiver, certified nursing assistant (CNA), home health aide (HHA), personal care attendant, social worker, nurse (RN or LPN) is strongly preferred; formal training and support is provided
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Middlebury, IN (46540)