The Direct Care Supervisors perform scheduling, administrative and clerical support, consultation with office staff, caregivers, clients, and families.
This position is responsible for coordinating the schedules of clients and caregivers.
This individual must be an excellent communicator with good phone skills.
* Coordinates the schedules for direct patient caregivers and clients on an on-going basis taking into consideration the number of hours approved and requested and the direct patient caregivers' requested schedule.
* Works closely with nurses and clients/families to ensure optimum staffing.
Typical work hours are 8 am -- 4 pm. * Provides off-hours support (on-call) on some evenings and every 3rd weekend via smartphone.
* Completes general offices tasks such as answering phones, greeting visitors, mailing needs, ordering supplies, etc Identifies staffing needs and reports needs to the nurses.
* Practices and promotes positive staff, client, and family relations.
* Monitors and ensures that staff, clients, and families have resources for effective and efficient services.
* Practices and promotes patient/family advocacy and facilitates the maintenance of ethical practice.
* Maintains employee and client files including tracking and reporting on missing/deficient items.
* Completes and maintains documentation, files, and records as required.
EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS: Experience in scheduling or staffing is required.
Previous experience as a direct care worker required.
Location/Region: Bethlehem, PA (18017)