Healthcare at Foster Creek is looking for an RN Resident Care Manager.
Healthcare at Foster Creek is a Long-Term Care Facility caring for the elderly population who suffer from Alzheimer's/dementia.
The Resident Care Manager is a member of the Inter-Disciplinary Team and reports to the Director of Nursing and is responsible for managing the nursing care of assigned residents to ensure maximum independence and highest possible quality of life.
The RCM ensures day to day compliance with Federal and State regulations, facilities policies and procedures, and standards of practice with regard to patient care.
This person also ensures nursing staff function within the scope of their practice and comply with regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Assesses resident needs and initiated development of individualized resident care plans.
Utilizes the nursing process, MDS, and prepares care plans.
* Reviews and updates resident care plans as necessary and as assigned in compliance with regulations.
* Conducts interdisciplinary resident care conferences.
* Supervises and evaluates all direct resident care provided within assigned unit and initiates corrective action as necessary.
* Evaluates resident care as related to individualize resident needs, family involvement and the physician's plan of care for the resident.
* Identifies special nursing problems and emergency situations quickly and initiates appropriate interventions for individual residents.
* Listens to resident, family, physician, or staff complaints and initiates corrective action or reports special problems to the DNS and/or Administrator.Qualifications:
* Graduate of an approved RN program.
* Licensed as an RN in Oregon * 1 year management experience preferred, but will train.
* Demonstrated knowledge of nursing processes, particularly as it relates to geriatric, long-term care, and dementia residents.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate in English in order to understand, plan and carry out resident care plans and treatments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Portland, OR (97236)