Napleton Automotive Group is seeking a Tax Manager to join our Corporate team!
This individual will be responsible for hands on preparation of S Corporation, partnership and fiduciary income tax returns.
* Deliver a full range of tax services, with emphasis on income tax preparation in compliance with laws and regulations within time frame
* Improve tax preparation processes by developing or implementing best practices
* Recognize and communicate potential risks and identify potential opportunities in tax area
* Prepare for review and follow up on multi-state S Corporation, partnership and fiduciary income tax returns
* Research issues and assist others who prepare payroll tax and Sales/use tax returns
* Assist in preparation of 401(k) audit workpapers for outside auditors
* Tax Research and memorandums * Prepare all tax work papers and handle all information data requests
* Prepare US Federal and Multi-State income tax returns for S-Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts and Individuals
* Assist with the coordination of gathering information from various auto dealer locations to prepare income tax returns and assist local controller’s with sales/use tax compliance.
* Research various tax issues, including partnerships, trusts and state tax laws
* Review corporate and partnership legal documents and correspondence as needed to ensure correct preparation of tax returns
* Handle various other duties as delegated by the CFO and Tax Director.
* Travel to the dealerships and work with Controllers to gather information needed.
* Manage multiple projects at any given time.
Alert management in a timely fashion of any issues, constraints, challenges, and/or scheduling conflicts that may arise in completing the assigned task(s)
* Candidate will also be responsible for preparation of a limited number of individual income tax return for some of the business owners.
Required Experience: * BA in Accounting or related experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in the tax field
* Experience with payroll and sales/ use tax issues, especially with an auto dealerships is a plus.
Experience with Unitary state filings is a plus.
Prior experience with ADP/CDK auto dealership DMS software is a plus.
Prior experience with Lacerte tax preparation software is a plus.
MA or MST in Taxation is a plus. * Recognize and communicate potential risks and identify potential opportunities in tax area
* Ability to prepare written correspondence with tax authorities, as required
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Location/Region: Villa Park, IL (60181)