Unlicensed Intake and Staffing Coordinator
Intake and Staffing
Job Code/ Req#:
890 Santa Cruz Avenue, Suite A, Menlo Park, CA 94025
$45,000.00 to $50,000.00
Will Train Applicant(s):
Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens
Reports Directly to:
Director of Patient Care Services (DPCS)
Duties of the Position
Assist in the coordination of patient care under the direction of Director of Patient Care Services.
Is responsible in the for the coordination of patients visits, maintenance and upkeep od scheduling records and logbooks.
Is responsible for timely and accurate communication of scheduling changes between offices and field staff.
Responsibilities of the Position
* Answer phones, receive all intake information for paraprofessional cases and enter the appropriate information in the computer
* Complete intake forms and route them appropriately for admission approval.
* Assist in the scheduling of appropriately skilled person to fill the case, inputs scheduling information on the computer and continues to assist in the coordination of the scheduling.
* Schedule replacement workers as needed and input scheduling information.
* Assist in communication with patients/families on home health aide related issues.
* Assist in the establishment of personnel files and in the checking of references for paraprofessionals being considered for hire.
* Take telephone referral information if no nursing staff is available and pass referrals as soon as possible.
* Handle matters related to staff and the patient they serve, except for issues that require professional/clinical judgment.
* Assist in the maintenance of case management notes related to personal problems and/other situations that arise with staff including those relating to patient care.
* Communicate on a routine basis with contract agencies to maintain smooth relations and to obtain needed information.
* Document and report changes in patient status, in service requirements, in and employee staff assignment and, any unsatisfactory performance.
* Maintain a current patient roster with necessary information.
* Update log books and schedule sheets.
* Prepare weekly schedule for field staff and provides copies for distribution.
* Assist in coordinating services provided to patients.
* Control and monitor schedule changes.
* Check compliance of visits done (on master schedule) after all notes are matched to charges, brings any scheduling problems to the supervisor's attention immediately.
* Assist in taking referrals, makes copies of referral sheets for Payroll/Billing Manager and on-call coordinator when requested.
* Call hospital Social Services department to notify them that an Agency patient has been admitted to their hospital.
* Obtain weekly visit count and report results to the Director of Patient Care Services.
* Assist in relaying messages to field staff, office staff and community liaisons, gives and takes reports from the on-call coordinator.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, DPCS or Administrator.
* Position is stressful in terms of meeting deadlines.
* It is primarily a desk job which essentially involves sitting, standing, stooping and walking, as well as an inordinate amount of telephone communication.
* Travel is required, by car or airplane to local, out-of-town or state seminars, conferences or meetings.
* It requires minimal lifting of office records and printouts.
* The ability to read 12 point and larger type is required.
* One must be able to hear adequately on the telephone with no more than an amplifier and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Preferably an LPN with a Home Health background.
* Should be a skilled organizer able to manage office files, log books and staff schedules.
* Must possess light secretarial skill and have a polite telephone manner.
* Must have a criminal background check.
* Experience in a Home Health Care setting preferred.
* Must be computer literate and able maintain simple records in English.
* Must have a clear criminal background check.
Reviewed By: Vanessa Valerio
Last Updated By:
08/22/2019/ 03:19 PM
Location/Region: Menlo Park, CA (94025)