As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy, reliability, and integrity of the company's results.
The role requires a desire to implement continuous improvements within the internal controls of the firm and ensure compliance is in line with appropriate policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, and financial forecasts.
* Ensure that the organization’s financial records and recordkeeping methods are in compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
* Manage employees and contractors who are responsible for financial reporting and budgeting.
* Periodically review the organization’s financial reports and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
* Analyze data and advise top management on how to maximize profits.
* Analyze market trends and identify opportunities for growth/expansion.
* Oversee the organization’s investments.
* Give final approval to expenditures greater than (n dollars).
* Oversee the Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll administration and Fixed Asset functions to achieve accurate and timely output (outsourced).
* Proactively identify and implement improvements to financial processes and systems.
* Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
* Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS Reports directly to the organization’s President/CEO
A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business administration is required.
Five or more years’ experience as a financial analyst is also required.
Must have demonstrated the ability to lead a team of 6 or more.
Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people with and without finance/accounting backgrounds are essential.
Project management experience a must. Preference will be given to candidates with Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Location/Region: Menlo Park, CA (94025)