Bayview Retirement Community is currently seeking a Full-Time & Part Time Float Teacher Assistant for our Intergenerational Child Care Center.
We are looking for someone with experience working with children ages 3 months to 5 years.
Our child care center is focused on providing a safe, warm, experiential environment for children.
We offer small ratios, curriculum based teaching, and weekly intergenerational programs.
We would like to find someone who is flexible and dedicated to understanding and providing for the needs of our children.
Bayview is a great place to work - there is a very positive energy here and a passion for excellence.
Pay Rate - $16.75/hr. We pay for certifications including: CPR/1st Aid Card and a blood borne pathogens course.
Intergenerational Child Care Center Assistant Teacher works under the direction of the Lead Teacher.
The Assistant Teacher works closely with other program staff to support their work with children and at times works independently in planning and implementing activities for the children.
S/he is familiar with Center policies, procedures and philosophy as well as licensing laws and regulations.
The Assistant Teacher helps to maintain an orderly, secure, and mentally stimulating environment for children.
This is accomplished through organizational skills, patience, sense of humor, and a joyful approach toward others.
S/he is expected to take advantage of books and other educational resources to learn more about the developmental stages and needs of the children served and the older adults with whom the children interact.Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
* College level courses towards earning an Associate of Arts Degree or a Child Development Associate Degree preferred.
* Demonstrated willingness to continue attending educational offerings.
* Prior experience working with infants.
* Meets or exceeds the minimum licensing requirements for certifications (i.e., CPR, HIV/AIDS, First Aid, Food Handlers Permit).
* Must be 18 years of age. * Treats parent/child information in a confidential manner.
* Possesses good communication skills. * Possesses good problem solving skills.
* Demonstrates a good sense of humor, warmth and caring attitude.
or Apply in person at:
Bayview Retirement Community
11 W. Aloha Street
Seattle, WA 98119
Once you have applied, your application will remain on file for 30 days.
We will contact you directly if we need any additional information.
If you have not heard from us by that time, we encourage you to re-apply for any open positions.
We have up-to-date job openings on our website at www.bayviewcommunity.org
Bayview is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Location/Region: Seattle, WA (98119)