Community Care, an exciting homecare agency is looking for an extraordinary Medical Social Worker to become part of our team of caring professionals.
As a Medical Social Worker, Provides case and group work services to patients.
Ensures continuity of medical care by referral to appropriate follow-up services.The Medical Social Worker must be extremely detail-oriented, self-motivated, with excellent communication, administrative, clerical and problem solving skills.
* Provides direct service to patients and their families using a variety of social work modalities in order to help clients maximize their functioning.
Travel to patient homes, community resources, community meetings may be required.
* Advocates on behalf of the client to ensure maximum access to health care.
* Maintains appropriate professional patient care documentation as defined by Community Care policies and procedures.
* Functions in a consultative and educative capacity with all pertinent individuals or agencies that impact on patients.
* May participate in appropriate research, staff development programs and community liaison activities.
Specific requirements include:
* Master's Degree in Social Work, required.
* Must have LMSW Community Care Companions offers the following:
Great competitive pay
Excellent PTO package
Fantastic Health Insurance Package
Amazing Ancillary Benefits (Aflac, Life Insurance and etc.)
Career Advancement Opportunities Two Employee Discount Programs
Fun & Friendly office staff
Come work for the "Best Home Care Agency in the NY area"
Location/Region: Buffalo, NY (14202)