At JESCO, we advocate a strong work-life balance as our employees excel, develop and advance.
We are looking for talented career-minded individuals who are not afraid of wearing many hats and will embrace new challenges.
If this is you, and you are a qualified candidate for one of our career opportunities, then tell us all about yourself. Benefits
* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
* 401K Plan + Match * Paid time off
* Short/Long Term Disability * Growth opportunities
* American Funds/College America 529 Savings Plan (college savings plan)
* Verizon Wireless discount * Working Advantage Program: discounts on entertainment tickets and purchases
* EAP (Employee Assistance Program) – includes three (3) free counseling sessions
* Paid Training * Family owned and operated
* Long term job security * Health and wellness
* Paid Holidays * Discounts on products
* Above average industry pay Technician Specific Benefits
* Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
* Air-conditioned shop * State-of-the-art, brand new facility with service bays, air-conditioned and cutting edge technology (We opened 2 new facilities last year – Mt Holly 1799 (4 bays) & Waldorf (6 bays)
* Service bays with lifts and complete tool cabinets for each technician
* Shop equipped with the newest technology and equipment
* Uniforms provided * Discounts on products * Training Incentive Bonus
* Work environment OSHA certified to current Air Quality Standards
* Highly productive shop * Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
* Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web based training
* Clean and professional work environment
* Apprenticeship program * Competitive wages
Responsibilities* All Service assignments are to be performed in a safe, efficient and capable manner, using the least number of labor hours necessary, while maintaining the highest quality of standards possible
* Individuals must comply with all safety policies, and have the ability to lift and move up to 70 lbs.
* Review service orders and inspect equipment accordingly for additional repairs or malfunctions by test driving or troubleshooting vehicle operation.
* Notify management if shop equipment is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard
* Service orders should be completed accurately and concisely, use of computer when applicable
* Warranty reports are to be handled in the same manner, and you must retain, tag and store removed parts properly for return to manufacturer
* Apply technical knowledge to diagnose the cause of equipment malfunctions.
* Obtain final approval prior to performing additional repairs.
* Respond to repair inquiries in a prompt manner.
* Perform repairs and maintenance service work requested in accordance with approved quality and efficiency standards.
Discard residual or hazardous waste, using the proper disposal methods
* Invest in tools necessary to perform at expected levels and quality
* Always conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times when representing the company
* Apply knowledge and ability to safely utilize all tools and equipment to include: “Creeper” Pressure washers Torque wrenches, Hydraulic pressure Computer pressure gauges Welding equipment, Pneumatic and hand tools Hydraulic jacks Diagnostic equipment
* Maintain, understand, and be committed to a shared responsibility for the upgrade of technical competence by attending all classes, shop meetings and reading all service bulletins as requested
* Test drive to assure proper operation and complete equipment inspections in accordance with company and governed standards
* Respect and maintain company investment in tools and work area.
Keep company assets in a clean and orderly manner and use with proper care to meet safety requirements determined by dealership and government agencies.
* Make yourself available for overtime, understanding that the equipment repair business may call for it from time to time
* Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications* Written Communication * Technical Communication
* Customer Relations * Customer Service
* Math Aptitude * Time Management
* Manual Dexterity Skills * Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Degree: Associates Degree or Equivalent
* Deere Level 1, Deere Level 2, Deere Capstone Certification
* Must have valid drivers license – must meet underwriting requirements
ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL: This position is deemed essential and may require the employee to report to work during a State of Emergency. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Beacon, NY (12508)