Cedar City Motor Company is seeking a Body Shop Technician.
The technician repairs, refinishes damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and spray painting equipment. The technician will also do dealer prep work.
At Cedar City Motor Company, we strive to make every customer a customer for life.
Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated.
Every employee at Cedar City Motor Company, is absolutely critical to its success.
Our promise is to keep delivering the same award winning service and value that our community has come to expect from our dealership through the years.
* Medical and Dental * Vision Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid Training
* Employee discounts on products and services
* Stay up to date on the latest repair methods and techniques for the vehicles sold and serviced by the dealership
* Perform all body and fender repairs according to estimate and supplement as necessary
* Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
* Perform welding, soldering, body alignment and oxidizing operations
* Diagnose the cause of malfunction and perform needed repair
* Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
* Examine vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
* Advise Body Shop Manager if additional work is needed
* Follow factory and dealership procedures when performing warranty work
* Save and tag all warranty parts for storage
* Is familiar with the latest technical bulletins, service manuals and other service publications
* Attend factory sponsored training classes and keeps abreast of factory technical bulletins
* Operate all equipment in Body Shop in a safe and productive manner
* Maintain his stall in an orderly and clean manner
* Use discretion in using company materials and supplies
* Light painting, if deemed qualified and necessary by the Manager
* Ensure customer’s cars are kept clean
* Document all work performed as soon as the job is completed
* Understands and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as the disposal of hazardous waste
* Will secure permission from management and write up an RO before doing any work on personal vehicle
* Be at least 18 years of age * Have a valid driver’s license
* Must be able to pass a background check and
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Must have own tools
* Grade 12 with auto body & collision damage repair certificate OR 5 years of practical knowledge within an auto body repair facility
* ASE Credentials and or I-Car Preferred
Location/Region: Cedar City, UT (84721)