Welcome to the Sterling Automotive Group, a Louisiana dealership that includes Sterling Kia, Sterling Ford Lincoln, Sterling Hyundai, Sterling Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, Sterling Buick GMC, Sterling Value Pre-Owned, Sterling Premium Select, Sterling Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram West, Sterling Buick GMC West and Sunbelt Motors.
Our mission is to serve Acadiana and beyond with a sense of pride, professionalism, and a commitment to excellence.
In pursuit of that vision, Sterling employees aspire to be much more than members of a sales force; we ensure customers view us as trusted advisors for sales and service needs.
Sterling makes every effort to contemporize and further distinguish ourselves from the competition, promising each customer an easy, transparent, and refreshingly honest car purchase and/or service experience. Position Summary:Sterling Automotive is seeking a face-paced and energetic Human Resources Generalist who is eager to learn and assist in the overall provisions of Human Resources within our organization.
This individual collects employee data, performs data entry and plays an integral part in fostering excellent employee relations.
Also is expected to initiate responses to LA Works as it relates to Unemployment Claims, initiates Worker’s compensation First Report of Injury, works with managers and employees in leaves of absence, and any employee disability claims.
Insures the company’s policies are updated as needed.
Works with Recruiting Manager to ensure it is timely meeting the needs of the company and on-boarding new hires.
The HR Generalist must have excellent communication and people skills in order to effectively communicate with Sterling employees, including upper level management and external customers.
Must also support and promote the values of Sterling and support the needs and of objectives of both the employees and the company in any way needed. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:* Paramount is the maintenance of confidentiality on a “need to know basis”.
* Enters employee data into the software system including applications/resumes, termination, licensure, salary/status change, changes in address, contact information, etc.
* Provides managers with employee statistics. * Develops and maintains effective relationships with all managers and employees. * Answers employee’s questions about any issues regarding Human Resources. * Fields employee complaints regarding discrimination/harassment and responds to them accordingly.
* Complies with DOL and other federal, state, and local requirements.
* Remains current with employment laws.
* Complies with court order garnishments and verifies employment with outside agencies.
* Updates and maintains active and terminated employee files. * Distributes and enforces company policies.
* Distributes benefit materials and changes to employees and educates them on those benefits.
* Assists employees in their benefits knowledge and enrollment process.
* Educates employees on Sterling’s 401(k) Plan and the enrollment process.
* Assist managers in tracking FMLA and assists with disabled employees regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other federal programs.
* Coordinate and assist with unemployment hearings.
* Handles OSHA and Worker’s Compensation paperwork.
* Compiles EEO1 Report, annual OSHA mandated reporting as well as complying with 1094 and 1095 and other mandated reporting.Qualifications* At least 1 year of experience in the Human Resources field.
* BA in Human Resources Management or other related Business Administration field is a plus.
* Professional HR certification not required but preferred.
* Possesses an in depth knowledge of labor laws and HR practices.
* People oriented with effective communication skills.
* Working knowledge of HRIS systems * Demonstrates great attention to detail.
* Effective listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
* Highly organized, able to prioritize and good at managing time.
* Strong understanding of effective management skills and interpersonal relationship competence.
* Good critical thinking skills.What We Offer* Medical and Dental* 401K Plan* Paid time off and vacation* Growth opportunities* Paid Training* Employee vehicle pricing* Family owned and operated* Long term job security* Discounts on products and servicesSchedule: Full-time, Monday-FridayWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Location/Region: Lafayette, LA (70503)