Comfort Keepers of Oviedo, Florida are looking for Caregivers- CNA/HHA to join its growing team! The individual in this position provides personal care services.
A Home Health Aide or CNA at Comfort Keepers provides non-skilled services to patients in the home setting. All services are provided under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities* Provide direct personal care to the patient in the home setting.
* Use the client’s phone to clock in and out of a shift.
* Utilize safety measures in provision of care.
* Maintain effective communication with administrator regarding patient’s condition.
* Participate in continued training as required annually.
* Perform all personal care activities contained in a written assignment by a licensed health care professional employee or contractor of the home health agency.
* Document and submit accurate records of personal health care activities.
* Observe appearance and gross behavioral changes in the patient and reports to supervisor.
* Maintain confidentiality of all patient and agency matters and adheres to all agency policies.
* Recognize emergencies and have knowledge of emergency procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge regarding basic infection control procedures.
* Maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment, which may include light cleaning and housekeeping
* Adhere to the role of the Home Health Aide in the home setting as defined in Florida statute for home health agencies.
(Reference FAC, Chapter 59A-8.0095, Section 5).
* Attain quarterly goals as established in the annual performance evaluation.
* Submit required documentation in a timely manner.
* Complete the following in-service requirements annually: CNA/HHA 12 hours, Basic Personal Care Aide 8 hours
Qualifications* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must meet personnel qualifications. * Must be certified with a minimum of 75 hours training from a state licensed school for a Home Health Aide or Certified Nurses Assistant.
* Must demonstrate satisfactory level of competency in performing home care services.
Must pass competency testing and have current CNA or Home Health Aide credentials.
* Adequate health status to perform described duties.
A negative Tuberculosis test must be taken prior to starting care for any client.
Hepatitis B. vaccination will be provided by Comfort Keepers if desired.
* Must demonstrate knowledge and ability to use infection control procedures such as the use of PPE (personal protective equipment such as gloves), proper hand washing technique, and proper disposal of infectious materials.
* Must have ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Orlando, FL (32827)