Pohanka Family of Dealerships is seeking a Service Manager.
The Service Manager helps lead a team of service professionals to deliver exceptional value and satisfaction to our customers on a continuous basis.
He or she helps plan, train, lead and monitor the performance of service advisors, service technicians and detailers/porters to promote 100% customer satisfaction and revenue growth in line with targeted business and financial objectives.
About Us The Pohanka Family of Dealerships is firmly entrenched in the Washington DC Metro.
Starting as a single service repair facility back in 1919, our group has grown to a family of 17 dealerships and 11 service centers throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.
Since 1919, five generations of the Pohanka family and our associates have provided our loyal customers a variety of easy ways to meet their needs.
At Pohanka, you can expect to work on a dedicated team of professionals.
Our team works with a collaborative approach and encourages success among each of our members.
We are interested in helping your career and adding to your resume.
Join our team and develop your skill set and realize your potential!
Why Work Here? * Time Magazine National Quality Dealer Award Winner
* The Sports Illustrated AIADA All-Star Dealer Award for outstanding customer service and commitment to the industry, community, and the nation
* Distinguished Service Citation from the Automotive Hall of Fame
What We Offer * 4 Week Paid Training Program
* Health & Dental * 401K with Company Contribution
* Paid Vacation * Largest Inventory in the Area – New & Used
* Excellent Earning Potential * Base Salary
* Weekly and Monthly Bonuses * State-of-the-art Facility
Responsibilities * Oversee operations in an auto service unit to insure compliance with quality standards
* Contact clients and convince them to bring vehicles to their unit for repairs
* Oversee the inspection of automobiles to identify faulty components and facilitate process for repairs
* Supervise the activities of automotive service technicians to insure efficient job performance and timely repairs
* Conduct price negotiations with clients to reach a favorable bargain for both management and client
* Oversee the hiring and training of an effective auto service team
* Maintain accurate record of all accounts and relevant financial information
* Monitor inventory to regulate and insure availability of required vehicle parts
* Insure automotive service staff comply with environmental laws and regulations
* Oversee the procurement of vehicle parts, automotive equipment and various other items required in an auto service department
* Evaluate the performance of automotive service staff in order to acknowledge efficient employees and guide underperforming ones
* Listen to client complaints and assist in addressing their issues and resolving challenges
* Oversee the disposal of wastes such as used engine oil, soot to ensure adherence to health and safety laws
* Assign and schedule work duties to auto service staff according to their skills
* Follow up customers to obtain feedback and ensure they are satisfied with received service
* Attend workshops and study relevant publications to stay up-to-date with developments in the automotive service industry
Qualifications * High school diploma or GED required
* 2 or 4 year college degree preferred * At least 3-5 years of automotive service experience is required
* Must have experience with dealer management systems
* Desire to coach and train team to exceed their goals
* Excellent computer skills needed * Excellent customer service skills
* Ability to be analytical, problem solve and multitask
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic presence in a team environment
* Strong written and communications skills
* Consistent and stable work history * Must have valid driver’s license, and clean driving record
Location/Region: Fredericksburg, VA (22408)