Working at Angels on Call is more than a job - it is a commitment to be your best.
We know that good can be better and better can be best.
This is what our patients expect from us and deserve every day.
Angels on Call Home Care is Home Care with an Angels Touch!
If you're looking to grow professionally and personally, then we welcome you to apply!
Benefits * Build your Career
* Ongoing Training * Supportive Management
* Bring Joy to Others * Health Insurance & 401(K)
* Competitive Pay & Overtime Job Summary
The Direct Support Professional exists to teach, coach and support individuals with disabilities, providing opportunities for greater independence, personal growth and community involvement.
Responsibilities Include: * Maintaining or assisting individuals with the overall cleanliness and maintenance of their homes.
* Assist as needed with personal hygiene and encourage overall independence.
* Assist with or prepare meals as required.
* Medication reminders * Understand the outcomes based on the Individual support plan
* Work to prevent crisis situations and/or proactively intervene to manage and de-escalate crisis situations
* Accurately complete required programmatic documentation and fiscal reports within the prescribed timeframes
* Maintain a professional demeanor and be an active, self-directed participant of the team
* Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures, laws and regulations
* Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
* At least 18 years of age * Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
* Able to read, interpret and apply written information
* Able to successfully complete required First Aid, CPR and other mandated certifications/ trainings
* Basic computer skills * Valid driver’s license and daily access to privately maintained and insured vehicle
* Successful completion of required background checks/clearances
* Successfully worked in the field of MH/IDD services for at least 6 months.
* Full and Part-Time positions available.
* Paid Training * Health/Vision/Dental/Voluntary and 401K
* Paid Time Off * Flexible Schedule
* The Satisfaction of helping others! * Be part of an amazing team and culture!
* We look forward to hearing from you soon!
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Shippensburg, PA (17257)